Travel

Wayne State University is located in the cultural center of Detroit (MI). There are direct flights to Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) from all major American and Canadian cities, as well as from several European and Asian cities. The airport is located about 20 miles from the University. WSU is easily accessible from all major freeways that pass through Detroit.

Parking at WSU

There are several parking options for the CHARM 2015 conference participants

1. For those arriving to WSU by car, but not staying in the Towers Residential Suites. There are three covered parking structures available for use by the conference participants, the Parking Structures 1,2, and 5 (marked red on the map). These parking structures are equipped with cash machines that allow payment of the parking fee at the entrance to those structure. The rate is $6.50/day. Please note that your car cannot be left there overnight, unless it has a special tag.

2. For those arriving to WSU by car, and staying in the Towers Residential Suites. You will be issued a special parking tag and a card, which will allow overnight parking in the Parking Structure 2.

For those arriving to WSU by air

The closest international airport to WSU is the Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). For those arriving to DTW, there are several options to get to WSU:

1. Metro Airport Taxi. This is the easiest, but also the most expensive option. It costs $41 to get from the airport to WSU campus. Taxi stands are available immediately at the exits from all DTW terminals.
  2. Metrocars. This is a limousine service that provides both high-end car service to Detroit as well as the hired van services.
  3. Car rentals. Please see here for details. The airport map is available here.

Unfortunately, regular van service (such as BlueVan or similar) does not operate in Detroit. As stated above, we will be coordinating van trips from DTW to WSU campus.

For those arriving to WSU by car

We provide a set of directions to the Parking Structure 1. Other recommended parking structures can be found on the map above or on the WSU campus map.

Lodge Freeway (from the north)

• Take the Lodge Freeway (M-10) south and exit at Warren-Forest.
  • Proceed to the light and make a left to cross over the Lodge. Make another left on the Lodge Service Drive.
  • Proceed on the Lodge Service Drive to Warren. Turn right at the light.
  • Proceed on Warren to Cass (third light). Turn left.
  • Proceed to Palmer and turn left. Entrance to Parking Structure #1 is on the right.

Lodge Freeway (from the south)

• Take the Lodge Freeway (M-10) north and exit at Warren-Forest.

I-94 (from the east)

• Take I-94 west to John R/Woodward exit (right side).
  • Continue on the Service Drive and cross Woodward Avenue.
  • Once you have crossed Woodward, you will be on Antoinette. Take Antoinette to Cass and turn left.
  • Proceed on Cass to Palmer and turn right. Entrance to Parking Structure #1 is on the right.

I-94 (from the west)

• Take I-94 east to southbound Lodge Freeway (M-10).
  • Once on the Lodge Freeway, take the first exit, Warren-Forest.
  • Proceed to the light and make a left. Proceed to the next light and make another left.

I-96 (from the west)

• Take I-96 east to I-94 east (towards Port Huron).
  • Take I-94 east to Lodge Freeway (M-10) south.

I-75 (from the north)

• Take I-75 south and exit at Warren. Go the light and turn right.
  • Proceed on Warren until you arrive at Cass (you will cross Woodward Avenue). Turn right onto Cass.
  • Proceed to Palmer and turn left. Entrance to Parking Structure #1 is the right.

I-75 (from the south)

• Take I-75 north and exit at Warren. Go to the light and turn left.